Royal Caribbean International announced the official 100-day countdown to the highly anticipated debut of its newest and most innovative ship, Icon of the Seas.
The “world’s best family vacation” is scheduled to set sail on her maiden voyage from Miami, Florida on January 27, 2024.
With a gross tonnage of 250,800, she will be the largest cruise ship in the world, offering guests a world of unparalleled experiences and amenities including:
Six record-breaking waterslides, an all-you-can-swim buffet of seven different pools to plunge into, and over 40 ways to make memories over meals and toast to new adventures.
Among the many highlights of Icon of the Seas are:
- Category 6, the largest waterpark at sea, featuring six thrilling slides, including the first open-air freefall slide at sea
- The Hideaway, 135 feet above the ocean with spectacular ocean views and an infinity pool at its centre
- Aquadome, a state-of-the-art entertainment venue with a transforming pool, four robotic arms, projections and more
- Surfside, the first dedicated family neighbourhood at sea, with a variety of activities and amenities for all ages
- Seven themed pools, all with ocean views
- The Grand Promenade, a grand feature with floor-to-ceiling ocean views
- The Ultimate Family Townhouse with new layouts made for families of three, four, five and more
- The Vitality Spa and Fitness Center, offering a wide range of treatments and classes
World’s Best Family Vacation
First-in-class, Icon of the Seas, raises the bar for family vacations with larger-than-life games, thrills and activities and plenty of dining options. Family time is taken to a whole new level.
New adrenaline-pumping experiences. Conquer the Crown’s Edge, a thrilling challenge only for the brave or Adrenaline Peak, a reimagined rock climbing wall and Category 6, the largest waterpark at sea.
From upbeat party scenes to family-friendly hangouts and restful retreats, there is a pool for every mood. Seven pools, nine whirlpools with sweeping ocean views all around and nine pool bars.
Over 20 ways to dine onboard. This means more to taste and discover, with every dish designed to be a treat for the senses, delivered in captivating venues with photo-worth plating and a side of live entertainment.
Bars & Nightlife
Over 15 buzzing spots and live music venues, every night onboard overflows with ways to raise the bar on spirit-sipping and show-stopping.
Choices and Room for All
The wide variety of rooms on Icon offers a range of intuitive layouts, which feature more space and accessible options in every category, location and amenities.
From tried-and-true Royal Caribbean accommodations, such as the luxe Royal Loft Suite, to the new Icon Loft Suites and Interior Plus rooms with a deluxe closet, the convenience incorporated in every room on Icon extends to the finest details.
The thoughtfully designed rooms have more storage in living spaces and bathrooms, larger showers, additional USB ports and outlets, and more.
Additionally, for the first time on a Royal Caribbean International ship, guests in every accommodation will be able to adjust the lighting and temperature with their smartphone and the Royal Caribbean mobile app.
More features at their fingertips will be TV streaming and the popular mobile TV remote control and room key.
In addition to her groundbreaking features, Icon of the Seas will also be the most environmentally friendly cruise ship ever built.
The ship will be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG), the cleanest burning fossil fuel available, and will feature a number of other energy-saving technologies.
Icon of the Seas will sail alternating 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami.
Click here to learn more about Icon of the Seas.