Azamara is expanding its shore programming with new day tours by National Geographic.
Azamara will offer nine different National Geographic Day Tours in partnership with Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services, the global cruise ground handler that collaborates with National Geographic to create and operate these experiences.
National Geographic Day Tours will be guided by National Geographic-trained guides and follows the criteria of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
Azamara’s Extended Destination Days, providing 10 or more hours in port, allow plenty of time for guests to enjoy a National Geographic Day Tour and then explore even further, aided by newfound knowledge.
Highlights of the nine National Geographic Day Tours offered by Azamara include:
- Finding a New Home in Amsterdam, From Struggle to Resilience: In Amsterdam, Netherlands, guests will stroll Amsterdam’s vibrant streets and cruise its canals as they hear the incredible first-hand stories of the city’s immigrants and refugees.
- Sancocho, from Monk’s Legacy to National Delight: Travellers will uncover the legacy behind the Dominican Republic’s gastronomy as they participate in a hands-on cooking class led by a local chef.
- Cozumel’s Coral Reef Ecosystem: A marine biologist and founding partner of the Cozumel Coral Restoration Programme will take guests on an educational adventure through the coral reefs and mangroves of Cozumel, Mexico.
Additional National Geographic Day Tours offered by Azamara include:
- Taste of Tradition, a Journey Through Emirati Cuisine in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- A Journey into Emirati Perfumery in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- An Emirati Cultural Feast in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
To book a cruise with Azamara and experience a National Geographic Day Tour, please visit www.azamara.com.
Click here for more exciting trade updates or browse Travel Pursuit UK for the latest travel news from your favourite travel brands!