Celebrity Cruises has launched a new series which will showcase its “game-changing leaders and crew members from across its fleet, diving into their real-life stories and extraordinary achievements.”
Each of the 10-minute episodes will feature a small group of Celebrity officers or crew sharing their career journeys, including the people and places that have inspired them and their lives at sea.
The series will be called “The Tangerine Table” – a nod to the striking colour of The Magic Carpet®, an engineering feat soaring, cantilevered, above the sea on Celebrity’s industry-transforming Edge Series® ships.
The first episode is out today, honouring International Women’s Day with an encouraging “SEA it to BE it” message from the groundbreaking women aboard the line’s flagship Celebrity BeyondSM.
Featured in this episode are:
- Captain Kate McCue, the first and only American female captain of a cruise ship and the world’s most-followed mariner on social media;
- First Officer Elizabeth Marami, Kenya’s first female marine pilot and first licensed Chief Officer, Navigation;
- Executive Pastry Chef Atziri Chavez – a Mexican-born talented master of the culinary arts who proudly boasts her well-deserved black scarf;
- Jelena Vukelic, a Serbian-born wine expert that serves as the ship’s Cellar Master.
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises said:
“Our extraordinary officers and crew are the real stars of Celebrity Cruises and it’s high time we shine a light on them and their life on the high seas.
“This is an exciting avenue for them to share their stories and by doing so, inspire both our followers and the next generation of mariners along the way.”
The cruise line said that episodes will be released throughout the year featuring a diverse range of positions across Celebrity’s fleet from the Engine Room to the Bridge.
Two additional episodes this month will feature some of the line’s Captains, both male and female, and a group of Celebrity’s women Hotel Directors.
The Captain’s Chair
This episode features a group of Celebrity’s Captains and their perspective on how best to be supportive, uplifting, and a force of encouragement for their crew, guests, and young people in today’s world.
Moderated by Lutoff-Perlo, the group brings more than 90 years of experience in the industry to the Table and features:
- Vice President of Marine Operations, Captain Manolis Alevropoulos
- Captain Dimitris Kafetzis, Celebrity Beyond, and, beginning later this year, Celebrity AscentSM
- Captain Matt Karandreas, Celebrity Summit®
- Staff Captain Maria Gotor, Celebrity Edge®.
The Director’s Chair
From ensuring all guests onboard have a superior experience to thoughtfully managing more than 1,000 crew, Hotel Directors fill one of the most prestigious and high-pressure positions onboard.
This episode will provide an inside look at life onboard and what it takes to manage these careers, all the while serving as an inspiration for women worldwide, featuring:
- Niina Hautaniemi, Celebrity Apex®
- Danuta Nosidlak, Celebrity Edge
- Andrea Muegge, Celebrity Millennium®
- Deborah Poortier, Celebrity Constellation®.
For more information, visit www.celebrity.com/gb
Click here for more exciting updates from Celebrity Cruises or browse Travel Pursuit UK for the latest travel news from your favourite travel brands!