Celebrity Cruises has announced that the fifth ship in its award-winning Edge Series will be named Celebrity Xcel.
The reveal was made at Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France in the presence of government representatives, executives from Royal Caribbean Group – the parent company of Celebrity Cruises, and the shipyard.
Celebrity Xcel will debut in November 2025 in the Caribbean, sailing her inaugural winter season from Fort Lauderdale.
The ship will sail 7-night itineraries alternating between the Bahamas, Mexico and the Cayman Islands, and Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The sailings are now open for sale.
Like her sister ship Celebrity Ascent, debuting on 3rd December 2023, Celebrity Xcel will offer unique onboard experiences with distinctive features and spaces as:
- The Retreat®, an exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests, highlighted by a two-story sundeck;
- Accommodations for today’s modern tastes from modern two-storey villas with private plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas, blurring the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living;
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools;
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar redefining the ship’s aft;
- A Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea;
- Live entertainment and activities creating the best date nights and days at sea;
- A boldly redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks, creating an airy and open indoor space;
- And, the return of the Magic Carpet®, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
Celebrity Cruises’ President Laura Hodges Bethge said: “The Edge Series has shattered preconceived notions of cruising, and I am thrilled to announce our next bold step as a brand with Celebrity Xcel.
“True to her name, this next ship will ‘Xcel’ beyond her sister ships with entirely new experiences, yet to be revealed, but that will change the game all over again.”
To book or for further information visit www.celebritycruises.co.uk.