Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has opened registration for agents to renew their membership or join the trade body for 2024
CLIA is the world’s largest cruise industry association and works with over 50 ocean cruise lines and river cruise operators.
Members benefit from:
- Official e-learning, to help boost their knowledge and gain an official cruise certification
- 24/7 access to CLIA’s website – cruising.org – which includes a range of agent-friendly factsheets, guides and unique resources
- Access to brand profiles, trade contacts, booking and training information from all CLIA cruise lines, river cruise operators and select associated businesses
- Virtual and OnDemand training, covering subjects across the cruise sector, alongside podcasts and virtual ship tours
- Access to in-person events, such as the annual CLIA conference, which is the highest-attended event in the UK agent calendar, and the RiverView river cruise conference
- Exclusive trade incentives and resources
- The latest CLIA and industry news via email and social platforms.
- CLIA in conversation’: Monthly live 30-minute sessions, with in-depth news, analysis and guest speaker insight
- Focus on…sessions’: Monthly live 30-minute sessions, with a specific focus on a different sector within the cruise industry, combining training and know-how from select cruise line partners
- ‘The Friday sailaway briefing’: Weekly five-minute news round-ups presented by Andy Harmer, CLIA UK & Ireland managing director, available exclusively on CLIA’s agent Facebook group.
In recent months CLIA has launched new resources including itinerary experience factsheets, virtual ship tours, an online ‘Countdown’ section looking ahead to new ships joining the global fleet and a Sustainability Hub.
Andy Harmer said: “We have a very exciting year ahead with cruise currently on the crest of a wave. We’re anticipating strong growth in 2024, with even more ships entering the market and our research telling us that 72% of people are open to a holiday at sea.
“With so much demand, and cruise lines offering such a fantastic variety of experiences, this is the ideal time to join CLIA. We have ensured a wealth of invaluable information is at agents’ fingertips, plus we have a host of in-person events and opportunities to take advantage of.
“Regardless of whether you’re new to cruise, or a seasoned professional, we have something to help take your sales to the next level. Agents are the heart of the travel industry and we can’t wait to support their 2024 cruise journey.”
CLIA is the world’s largest industry trade association, with representation in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australasia. It provides a unified voice and is a leading authority of the global cruise community.
For more information, go to www.cruising.org
Click here for more exciting trade updates or browse Travel Pursuit UK for the latest travel news from your favourite travel brands!