Riviera Travel was named ‘River Cruise Line of the Year’ in the Food and Travel Magazine 2023 Reader Awards.
The river cruise line has won multiple awards recently, starting with ‘Star River Cruise Company’ at the Travel Bulletin Awards 2023, voted for by our travel agent partners.
Riviera Travel has also scooped up four wins at the Wave Awards 2023 for:
- Best River Cruise Line (voted for by consumers)
- Best Escorted Tour Operator
- Best Solo Operator
- Grand Prix Award (which is given to the company most highly scored across both consumer and judged awards)
River Cruise 2025
Riviera Travel has launched a series of themed sailings as part of their newly-launched 2025 river cruise programme.
32 departures are available across eight themed cruises, which have been tailored to focus on guest interests including food, art, history, music and horticulture.
The sailings are available to book now and will depart between April and October 2025 via the following eight-day itineraries:
Gastronomy of the Douro – from Portugal to Spain
- A food and wine lovers’ cruise, including a port sampling tour in Porto; almond tasting in Castelo Rodrigo; sampling tapas in Salamanca; a tasting of local food in Lamego; and two meals in historic Portuguese quintas. Prices start from £2099pp.
History of the Douro – from Portugal to Spain
- A history-themed cruise, which includes a visit to Almeida Fortress and the Military Museum, a key site in the Peninsular War; a tour of Salamanca and its nearby battlefields; and the chance to explore Porto and learn about the Anglo-French ‘Crossing the Douro’ battle. Prices start from £2099pp.
Music of the Blue Danube
- A musical journey along the river, taking in the cities that inspired some of the great composers, with visits including the Budapest House of Music; a performance at The Primate’s Palace in Bratislava; a behind-the-scenes tour with the Vienna Boys choir; and a piano recital in the setting of the Alte Residenz in Salzburg. Prices start from £1899pp.
Art & History on the Danube
- An arts and history-themed itinerary, including visits to Bratislava, Salzburg, Durnstein and Melk Abbey; Schönbrunn Palace to showcase the Habsburg dynasty; Esztergom’s Basilica; visit to Mauthausen Concentration Camp; and a tour of Budapest’s Museum of Fine Arts. Prices start from £2099pp.
History & Art of the Rhône
- A departure exploring the architecture, sculptures and paintings of the region, including visits to the Palace of the Popes and the Petite Palais Museum in Avignon; the Cybèle archaeological gardens in Vienne; Lyon’s Gallo-Roman Theatre; the Caverne du Pont D’Arc; the Hotel Dieu Museum; plus, a walking tour of historic Arles, following in the footsteps of Van Gogh. Prices start from £1799pp.
Gardens & Natural Beauty of the Rhône
- A horticulture-themed sailing highlighting features of Southern France, including visits to Vienne, famed for its remarkable Roman remains and the Jardin des Villes; Avignon to explore Rocher des Doms; Lyon to see the Parc de la Tete d’Or; the Eden Gardens of Tournon; L’Escape Van Gogh in Arles; and a sailing through the Ardeche Gorges and its suspended gardens. Prices start from £1899pp.
Gastronomy of Switzerland & the Rhine
- A food-focussed itinerary, including Swiss alpine macaroni and cheese tasting against the views at Stanserhorn; the chance to experience the typical flavours of the Black Forest; exploring Strasbourg sampling local specialities of the Alsace; and visiting the Chocolate Museum in Cologne. Prices start from £2299pp.
Music, Arts & Craft of Switzerland & the Rhine
- A music, art and craft-themed sailing along some of Europe’s most stunning landscapes, including visits to the traditional artisans of the Black Forest; the traditional glass blowers of Switzerland and Bonn; the Alsatian Museum; and a tour of Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Cabinet in Rüdesheim. Prices start from £2149pp.
Prices include return flights with regional airport options available; Eurostar travel on select itineraries; full board; a ‘Superior’ drinks package; and all scheduled visits and tours.
Sailings also include port talks, entertainment, authentic regional menus and the services of a Riviera cruise director and concierge.