Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours has added two options to its luxury Australia and New Zealand land journey programme.
Starting with coach tours to Great Ocean Road in the late 1980s, the Australian-founded luxury tour operator expanded throughout Australia and New Zealand in 1992 and has continued to enhance its programme ever since.
Customers looking for a shorter tour, a new option to join only one-half of the latter itinerary has been added. Visitors now have the flexibility to choose between:
- The 13-day Very Best of Australia itinerary journeying from Melbourne to Sydney. Prices start at £5,145 per person.
- The 11-day Very Best of New Zealand itinerary journeying from Queenstown to Auckland. Prices start at £4,745 per person.
- The full 23-day Very Best of Australia and New Zealand Land Journey from Melbourne to Auckland is available from £8,895 per person.
New activities on the agenda for adventure-hungry guests include:
- Sunset viewing and drinks at Uluru – drinks and canapes available at Uluru Sunset viewing point.
- Indigenous Experience and animal encounters at Rainforestation in Kuranda, Cairns – a 1hr tour with indigenous Pamagirri guides, including rain forest exploration, dreamtime dance and even boomerang-throwing lessons.
- Travel over the world’s oldest tropical rainforest at Skyrail in Cairns – explore the Ancient Tropical Rainforest via Skyrail, through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the Falls before arriving at beautiful Kuranda station.
- Uluru Dot Painting workshop – join a local Anangu artist and learn about traditional art, symbols, tools and more, be inspired by the ancient ways of the desert.
In New Zealand
Te Waonui Forest Retreat at Franz Josef – stay overnight at the luxury five-star Te Waonui Forest Retreat, nestled deep in the native West Coast rainforest.
- Haast River Safari – a blast of adrenaline with a new jet boat tour along the Haast River.
- A kiwi encounter– join conservationists at The National Kiwi Hatchery to learn more about New Zealand’s national symbol and help hatch chicks.
- Māori experience at TE PA TU Māori cultural centre – learn more about New Zealand’s indigenous people and sample the finest native food.
Scenic Freechoice programme:
- Rotorua – a walk through the Redwoods Forest. Explore the 5,600-acre forest that offers a raft of outdoor activities amongst the towering trees.
- Queenstown – a Skyline gondola trip with morning tea for impressive views over Queenstown and surrounds
- In Auckland – A foodie walking tour tasting lots of local specialities
For more information or to book visit www.scenic.co.uk.
Click here for more exciting trade updates or browse Travel Pursuit UK for the latest travel news from your favourite travel brands!