Orlando has revealed the full schedule of this year’s autumn festivities and events for visitors of all ages.
Casandra Matej, President and CEO for Visit Orlando said:
“From experiencing a taste of our dining scene at a discounted price to the Halloween thrills that you can only find in the Halloween Vacation Capital, Orlando offers something for every traveller this fall.
“Lively local events, ranging from our local LGBTQ+ pride celebration to our Hispanic heritage celebration, round out the diverse offerings.”
Plan an Orlando holiday to celebrate the spirit of Halloween and autumn all season long. For the full schedule of this year’s autumn festivities, go to VisitOrlando.com.
· Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World Resort (select nights, now through Nov. 1) at Magic Kingdom Park. Entertainment includes the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! at Cinderella Castle, Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular, Disney Junior Jam for young partygoers, Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, the Trick-or-Treat Trail, Disney Characters in costume, and more than 20 favourite attractions with a Halloween twist. Guests are also invited to wear costumes, with some restrictions.
· Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida (Sept. 1 – Nov. 4) returns for a record-breaking 48 nights featuring 10 new, movie-quality haunted houses featuring everything from cinematic greats to original abominations including the all-new Stranger Things 4 and The Last of Us houses; five scare zones filled with creatures lunging from the shadows; and two live shows.
At SeaWorld Orlando, guests can experience two Halloween-themed events:
· Howl-O-Scream (select nights, Sept. 8 – Oct. 31) will feature fright-inducing haunted houses and scare zones; thrilling nighttime coaster rides and experiences; an interactive bar; and an electrifying live show.
· Little ones can dress up in their favourite costumes to trick-or-treat and meet colourful Halloween characters at the SeaWorld Spooktacular (weekends, Sept. 16 – Oct. 29), a family-friendly daytime event included with regular theme park admission.
· Brick or Treat Presents Monster Party at LEGOLAND Florida Resort (weekends, Sept. 16 – Oct. 29) will feature tons of candy, an all-new show lineup, never-before-seen exclusive LEGO characters and an all-new cinematic experience to create the ultimate family Halloween celebration.
The allure of Orlando extends beyond its adrenaline-pumping attractions with an array of savoury eats and delectable treats throughout the destination.
· Celebrating its 18th year, Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining (Aug. 18 – Oct. 1) returns with more than 130 of Orlando’s best restaurants serving up three-course prix-fixe menus for either $40 or $60, as part of a new tiered menu system. This year’s roster brings 22 new restaurants to the dining program, as well as eight restaurants recognized by the MICHELIN Guide.
· SeaWorld Orlando’s Craft Beer Festival (now through Sept. 4) features more than 100 craft brews, wines, seltzers, and cocktails, including an unbeatable mix of domestic and local Florida favourites. Guests can also savour more than 20 specialty food items expertly paired to match their preferred brews. Then, top it all off with nightly fireworks during Ignite.
· At the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE (now through Nov. 18) features over 25 global Marketplaces, including a menu of new flavours and sips along with live entertainment, family activities and more. On Sept. 22, four all-new Global Marketplaces will debut to mark the Disney100 celebration that commemorates the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.
· Central Florida Veg Fest Presented by Vegetarians of Central Florida (Oct. 28), the family- and dog-friendly vegan event held at Orlando Festival Park near downtown Orlando, returns for its 18th year. The event will feature a day of educational exhibits and activities from diverse cross-section of vegan cuisines and lifestyles, including new products and ideas from over 200 vendors and 100 contributors as well as a wide variety of food preparation demos.
· The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic (Nov. 10-11) will return for its 14th year, treating guests to a street party festival with unlimited food and beverage tastings at diverse food stations, featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from around the world.
Click here for more exciting updates or browse Travel Pursuit UK for the latest travel news from your favourite travel brands!